Clorox wipes made of isopropyl alcohol can remove the essential oils and moisture of genuine leather because genuine leather is less resistant to isopropyl alcohol.
Genuine leather is less resistant to damage due to its manufacturing because it has pores that absorb liquid and, ultimately, damage your leather. Firstly, you see the dry surface, then it may get split and crack. And it decreases the lifespan of your leather. Moisture is very important for leather as it is necessary for skin.
Table of Contents
Where can you use Clorox wipes?
Synthetic leather-like faux leather, PU leather, and leatherette have no pores, which is why there is no issue if you use Clorox wipes on it.
You can use Clorox wipes on plastic surfaces such as bathtubs, sinks, toilet seats, countertops, and many other things.
- Always do a test in a small area before you use the wipes on the entire surface.
There are many advantages 0f Clorox wipes, but there are also some disadvantages, especially for genuine leather, that is given below:
The pros of Clorox wipes:
- Clorox wipes are affordable wipes to disinfect things.
- Clorox wipes can be used to maintain things that are made of vinyl and plastic (polyurethane and polyester fibers).
- Clorox wipes can alter the smell of the leather. Therefore, it is sometimes used to remove bad odors from leather.
- Clorox wipes leave a refreshing smell after using them.
- Clorox wipes remove dirt, dust, and kill bacteria and other microorganisms (germs).
- Clorox wipes to remove the annoying lint fibers from different surfaces, such as leather surfaces and clothes.
- It cleans the stains and marks in a short time, save your time and give instant cleaning.
The Clorox wipes have the following drawbacks:
- Without conditioning, Clorox wipes can dry up the leather surface.
- Remove the moisture and oils from the leather. This can be a dangerous risk for leather.
- When the surface of the leather is dry, it may start peeling and cracking.
- Clorox wipes on dark-colored leather can lighten the color of the surface.
- Clorox wipes may sometimes have an ammonia smell.
How to use Clorox wipes on a leather surface?
- After using the Clorox wipes, apply a good leather conditioner to the leather surface. Natural conditioners, such as leather honey conditioners, can be used to add moisture and shine to the leather surface, allowing it to last longer.
- Use only one to two Clorox wipes for the cleaning. Discard the Clorox wipes after using them in a sealed trash bag.
- Before wiping with Clorox wipes, the surface of the leather must be dry.
- Gently clean the surface in a circular motion. Do not apply more pressure on it because too much pressure can help the liquid get into the pores.
Which wipes can you use instead of Clorox wipes?
You can use the baby wipes on any leather surface. Baby wipes can easily remove leather stains, marks, dust, and dirt. Take a baby wipe and start wiping in a circular motion with gentle pressure. Baby wipes can also harm your leather, but it is less risky than Clorox wipes.
- You should clean your leather surface with a damp clean cloth because it prevents it from drying.