Faux leather is artificially made leather and is made of polyurethane and polyvinyl chloride. Many people prefer faux leather due to its cheap price of it. Faux leather is used to make bags, jackets, shoes, and can be used to make couches. Faux leather is easy to maintain and has fair quality. Faux leather has cracking problems, therefore it requires care and maintenance.
Many people want to know how faux leather can be maintained. There are many options available to clean the faux leather at home. You can also use leather cleaner on faux leather. Some cleaners are specially made for faux leather, and they are the best option to use.
Table of Contents
Use of leather cleaner or faux leather cleaner
Stains on the faux leather can ruin the look of the leather. You can clean the stains to make them fresh again. Faux leather cleaners are available online. They are strong and effective cleaners for cleaning faux leather. If your leather has heavy dirt, you can clean it with a cleaning brush. After cleaning the faux leather with cleaner, you can use conditioner on the faux leather.
Tips and precautions
- The leather cleaner should not be harsh to damage and dry your faux leather items.
- Use leather cleaner once a week or twice a week.
- Do keep your leather supple with a good leather conditioner.
Use of conditioner on faux leather
A leather conditioner is good to maintain your leather, but the question is, can you use a leather conditioner on faux leather? Yes, you can use a leather conditioner on faux leather. You can use the conditioner of real leather because real and fake leather has almost identical textures.
Clean faux leather at home with simple ingredients
If your faux leather has mild stains, then you do not need to worry. You can clean it with ingredients that are available at home.
With baby shampoo and liquid soaps
- Make a solution of water with baby shampoo or soap.
- Take some foam and dip it in this solution.
- Rub the foam on the affected area.
- Remove the residue with a clean cloth.
- Allow the faux leather to dry naturally.
Maintenance of faux leather
- Cleaning your faux leather regularly with non-abrasive solutions is essential.
- Do not keep your faux leather in the sunlight.
- Prevent permanent stains by avoiding color transfer.
- Do a test of leather cleaner on a specific area before applying it to the entire surface.
- Do not use bleach on faux leather to clean stains.
- Do not use harsh elements to clean the faux leather.
- Avoid getting your leather too dry.
- Use of leather cleaner is not necessary if there are mild stains. You can remove stains with home remedies.
- Remove stains and marks as soon as possible to avoid permanent damage.
- Use a good-quality conditioner to maintain its appearance.
- Do not use harsh things to rub on faux leather.
- Gently move the cloth in a circular motion to remove stains.
- If you do not have a conditioner, you can apply coconut or baby oil to moisturize your faux leather.