You should clean your handbags, purses, wallets, or backpacks with a soft damp cloth. These things should always be hand cleaned. Keep in mind that high-end handbags, wallets, purses, and backpacks should not be dry-cleaned at a dry cleaner. You should never use dry cleaning solvent.
Table of Contents
Why should not put leather items in a dry-cleaning machine?
Putting a leather handbag, purse, wallet, or backpack in a dry cleaner is not an ideal way to clean it. because it will remove the natural oils from your leather products. Natural oils need to be replenished at the end of the cleaning process. As a result, dry cleaning is not suitable for your leather purses, bags, wallets, and backpacks. Before you decide to go for dry cleaning, you need to talk to your dry cleaner about your expectations for the results.
A dry cleaner is about 20 times the size of a washer. A dry cleaning machine uses a dry cleaning fluid or solution. This machine has the wash, extract, and dry cycles all within the same machine. At the time of the wash cycle, the dry cleaning solvent is filtered in and out of the wheel of the dry cleaning machine.
What will happen if you dry clean leather items?
- The leather will become hardened.
- The GG fabric was scuffed in many places.
- Leather will shrink if you put it in a dry cleaning machine.
- The off-white and original paint will disappear in many places.
Is it possible to repair leather after dry cleaning?
You can repair your leather items when they are destroyed by a dry cleaner. But the scuffing of the GG fabric will not be repaired. The repairing of the leather items depends on the severity.
How do you restore the leather bags after dry cleaning?
- Hand washes the exterior and interior lining of the GG fabric.
- Reduce the hardness and puckering by reconditioning the leather items.
- By repainting the leather, you can return it to its original color and off-white.
How should you clean your leather handbag, purse, wallet, or backpack?
- Before cleaning your product, you must empty your purse or bags.
- Check the labels on the leather to know the type of leather.
- Clean your leather products by hand. Do not put them in the washing machine or dryer.
- Wipe the leather item with a damp soft cloth with soapy water. Avoid over-wetting your leather products.
- After that, dry your bags naturally and do not allow them to remain damp for a long time.
- Then, grease your bags with a leather conditioner. You should use conditioner regularly to prevent dirt, grease, and mold.
- Contact a specialist of a leather cleaner if you can’t clean the leather product at home.
- Use a mild soap that doesn’t harm your leather item.
- Use conditioner, and other solutions that are suitable for your leather type.