Spray paint is great for decorating various types of materials and making them new again. Its application is very interesting, and most people want to enjoy it. People get bored with the same look of their items, and they want to change their lovely items. In these conditions, spray paint can be helpful to you. To make items look and feel better, you need to apply them carefully by preparing the leather surface.
Spray paint on leather
You can use spray paint to paint leather items. Spray painting is the easiest way to make your article look perfect. Good spray paint will permanently change the color of leather, and you can enjoy the new look of your items. If you feel the color of leather items is dull, you can refresh them again with the use of spray paint. You will be glad to know that you can see an unimaginable alteration to your old leather items by spraying your best quality paint on them.
- To do this incredible thing, you need not worry. It can be done easily at home.
Method for applying spray paint
To apply spray paint, preparation is necessary. By following the proper method, you will get better results that last longer.
Step # 01.
preparing the surface of the leather.
Scrub the leather lightly.
• The first and most important step in spray painting is to prepare the surface. Lightly scrub the leather. This step is good to allow the paint to soak into the leather as well as preventing cracks.
Wipe the dust.
• Wipe the leather with spirit to remove any dust or dirt.
Check the temperature of the work area.
•To get better results, you can do it at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Use of tape.
• If you want to make a design, you will need tape, but to change the color, you won’t need tape.
Applying the spray paint on the leather
First of all, shake the bottle to mix the paint, then hold it about 10–12 inches from the leather surface.
Apply the first coat.
Apply the single thin coat that covers the leather surface. Give it 5 minutes to dry completely.
Apply a second coat.
Apply a second coat to provide better coverage and to make it more satisfying. Allow the second coat to dry completely.
Apply a 3rd coat if required.
If you are not satisfied with the first coat and you think the third coat would make your item more marvelous, then you can apply it.
Dry the paint.
Allow the leather items to dry fully before use to prevent any harm.
Tips to prevent cracking of paint on leather items.
- Make sure you have applied the coat in thin layers.
- Make sure the leather items are completely dry before you use them.
- Choose the best quality paint.
- Apply the coat in a single direction only.
- Never use wool daubers to apply paint.
- For painting delicate and soft shoes, you can stuff the toes with plastic bags or newspaper to make a smooth surface.