No one wants to pick up an animal’s poop, but sometimes it becomes necessary because you do not want to make a mess. Several options are available to clean the poop. Some are mentioned in this article.
- For your safety, before doing any method, you have to put on gloves. Wear a mask to avoid the smell of your nose.
Table of Contents
How to remove the solid poop?
- Plastic bag.
- A clean cloth or a horsehair brush.
- Saddle soap.
- distilled water.
- Wear gloves and remove the poop with the use of a plastic bag. If you feel disgusted by using a plastic bag with your hands, then you can use another method to remove solid poop, such as a brush and dustbin.
- After removing the poop, you have to wash the leather.
- To wash leather, soak the cloth or brush in water, rub it in the saddle soap.
- Gently rub cloth or brush on the affected area.
- Wipe it with a clean, dry cloth.
- Allow it to air dry. The work is done now.
How to clean the liquid poop?
- Cleaning the watery stool is more difficult than solid poop. First, you have to wear a mask and put on gloves for your ease and protection.
- Then you have to clean the watery stool with the use of a paper towel.
- You have to continue this procedure until the leather seat has no poop. Then put the paper towel in a plastic trash bag.
- Wash the leather with a damp cloth. When the seat is clean, allow it to air dry.
How to remove the poop stains?
After cleaning the poop, you should clean the stains on the perforated seats. Different methods are used to remove stains on car seats. Some are given below.
- Use of Baking Soda
- Utilizing leather cleaner
Using baking soda
Baking soda has cleaning properties and is used to remove stains from poop. Follow the given method to remove stains from the car seat.
1. Sprinkle some baking soda over the stain.
2. Leave it for almost 5 minutes. It will absorb wet stains.
3. Then scrub this area with a damp sponge.
4. Remove the baking soda if you get the desired results.
Using leather cleaner
The leather cleaner that is made for your car seat is the best way to go without damaging your leather. To remove stains and smells, leather cleaner is great. You can buy it at the market or online. The method for using leather cleaner is simple and may be mentioned in its packaging. Keep in mind that you need a natural and high-quality cleaner that doesn’t harm your leather. Do not apply too much cleaner; it may not be suitable for leather. Read the instructions of leather cleaner and follow them.
How to remove the smell of poop from leather perforated seats?
As we discussed, if you use leather cleaner to clean stains, you may not need to use anything else to remove the smell. Similarly, if you have used baking soda, you may not need to remove the smell. But if you still need or you have used another method, you can use simple ingredients to decrease the smell.
Odor can be eliminated by the use of baking soda. The pH of baking soda is basic and feces is acidic, that is why neutralization will occur and it will remove the smell.
Activated charcoal is another option to remove odors by placing it in your car.