Due to their color and decency, white sneakers look so charming, but to make them charming for a long time requires care and maintenance. But unfortunately, white shoes can be difficult to keep clean, particularly if you go outside regularly with them. These shoes are harder to clean because chemicals like ammonia will cause unwanted discoloration. The other difficulty is that you can’t put white sneakers in the washing machine. Fortunately, there are many methods to clean white sneakers, including household items that will provide ease for people.
Table of Contents
Some household items that can be used are
- White vinegar.
- Mild soapy solution.
Things you need to do before you start cleaning
- First of all, remove the shoelaces from your sneakers and wash these laces in a bowl of warm soapy water. You can also put them in the washing machine. If they are damaged, then you can replace them.
- Secondly, if you have a shoe tree, then you need to put them in your shoes to make a solid base to work on. Otherwise, you can stuff your sneakers with newspaper, which will remove moisture.
Let’s move towards cleaning the soles
Soles cleaning is important because it will keep your floor clean and give a look of new shoes.
- To clean the soles of the sneakers, you should make a paste of baking soda and vinegar in a container.
- Apply it to the white soles with the help of an old toothbrush.
- Leave this paste for some time until it dries.
- Then, remove the paste with a toothbrush and rub the shoe clean with a clean, dampened cloth.
Clean your white sneaker insoles
We recommend you wash your shoes’ insoles separately. If you do not clean them separately, it will be difficult to clean and dry them.
- If insoles are machine washable, then you can put them in the machine; otherwise, hand-wash them by gently brushing.
- After washing the insoles, then, sprinkle them with baking soda to soak up leftover moisture and diminish the odor.
- Then allow them to dry completely.
- Once they are dry, wipe off all the baking soda and place them back in your white sneakers if you have washed sneakers, otherwise, wash sneakers and then insert them.
Clean the white sneakers
Method # 01. Special shampoo for sneakers
If the sneakers have stubborn marks, then clean the sneakers with a special shampoo or cleaner for sneakers, as they will be effective in removing the marks and dust from the sneakers. In the market, special cleaners are available that work great to remove different types of stains and marks.
Method # 02. Magic eraser
To clean your sneakers, dampen the magic eraser and rub it back and forth across your leather sneakers. Rub until the stains are gone, then wipe with a soft cloth. This method of cleaning the leather sneakers is very easiest than others. But if you do not have a magic eraser, then you do not need to worry because there are many other options to choose from.
Method # 03. Use a soap
Mild soap is mostly available easily and this method is very inexpensive as well as effective. So let’s start the procedure.
- Mild soap can be used to remove stains from shoes. Take a wet cloth and make it soapy with it.
- Gently rub in a circular motion and apply the soap to the exterior of the shoe to remove all marks.
- After removing the stains, wipe away the excess soap residue with a clean, damp cloth.
- Dry the shoes with clean clothes.
Method # 04. Clean white sneakers with the help of toothpaste
- Firstly, clean all the dirt and dust from your sneakers with the help of a cloth. You can remove the dust with a brush or cloth, whatever you like, but make sure you clean the shoe completely.
- Make sure you have removed the shoe laces at this stage to clean the shoe properly.
- Now dampen the clean cloth and rub it on the shoe to remove the remaining stains. After dampening the cloth, rub it on the sneaker gently in a circular motion.
- Now use the toothbrush on the stains and marks and rub them gently. Make sure the toothpaste doesn’t have artificial colors that can damage your shoes’ color. You can rub the toothpaste with the help of your fingers. Rub them until you get effective results and do not scrub them harshly or forcefully.
- If you got the desired results, now you need to remove the toothpaste from your leather sneakers. Now remove it with the help of a cloth or with water.
- After removing all the toothpaste from the sneakers, you should give them time to dry naturally. Do not store them in a wet place or a wet condition.
- If you do not get the desired results, you can repeat the process.
Method # 04. Using vinegar and olive oil
- In a spray bottle, mix vinegar and olive oil. Pour a half cup of olive oil and a quarter cup of vinegar into the spray bottle and shake it properly.
- Now spray the solution on shoes and apply a coat to your white sneakers entirely. If you notice any discoloration or more dirt in a particular area, you should apply more solutions to it.
- Give five minutes to sit in the solution. This solution should soak into the leather and will aid in removing stains and dirt that are present in your shoes.
- Wipe the solution with a dry cloth. At the time of wiping the solution, the stain should also come out. To avoid scuffing shoes further, you should use a soft cloth. Make the shoes dry by wiping them with a cloth.
Sometimes not every method is suitable for everything, so if you didn’t get the results you wanted, then you can change the method to get better results. We hope that you will get some benefits after reading our post. But the question is, if you clean your sneakers, then what’s the best method to keep them clean? Continue reading this article to know this.
Keeping your white sneakers clean
All types of shoes get dirty, but especially white shoes, look very disappointing and make a person feel ashamed if they wear dirty shoes. You clean your white sneakers frequently, but what is the solution to keep your shoes clean for a long time? If you follow some preventative measures, then it will be easy to keep your sneakers in good condition.
- First of all, when you remove your shoes, wipe them with a damp cloth to make them dirt free. This will help to prevent stubborn marks that are very bad for your shoes and help to make them waste. Also, removing fresh stains is much easier than removing old stains.
- It is best to use a sneaker protector to repel the stain and dirt. This will also help to prevent dust and make your personality charming for a long time. If you do not have this, then you should take care of your shoes more.
- Avoid direct sunlight for a long time; this will cause yellowing and make your shoes unpleasant. If you use your white sneaker indoors, it will be beneficial for you.
How often should you clean your shoes?
I hope you got it to clean your shoes, but you may still be confused about how often you should clean your white sneakers. We are trying our best to answer this query.
As we already said, you should clean your shoes with a damp cloth after removing them. But deeper cleaning is also important for white sneakers. Whenever you feel your shoes are soiled, you can clean them deeply. Remember, if you want to store your shoes for a long time, then you should again clean your shoes. Be sure to dry them completely before storing them. You can also apply white polish to make them nicer.
Check your shoes daily. Whenever you notice any marks, you should remove them as soon as possible.
A few more tips
Follow the tips below to make your sneakers long-lasting and clean.
- Keep them in a dark area (prevent sunlight) if you want to store them.
- Polish your shoes after removing dust, otherwise you will force the dirt to go into the leather.
- Always try to avoid wearing white sneakers in the rain.
- Regularly clean your shoes to make them pleasant for a long time. You can simply use a cloth or brush to do this.
- The white sneaker is suitable for indoors to prevent dust and sunlight.