In a confined space, the smell of urine is very irritating and we can’t ignore it. Urine gives off a pungent smell of ammonia. Urine has some bacteria and microorganisms that are harmful to health and can cause infection. Getting a urine smell out of a car seat may be a difficult process because the surface of the seat is porous and absorbs fluids. Therefore, the smell may linger for weeks if you don’t treat it.
- There are many methods to get rid of that nasty urine smell. In this article, you will learn about an effective method for getting rid of bad odors. Some ingredients may even be found in your kitchen.
Table of Contents
The things required are:
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- toilet paper
- Dosh soap
- Rubbing gloves
- Bucket or a bowl
- Vacuum cleaner
- Absorbent clothes
Step 1: Blotting
By using paper towels to soak up the urine that may remain on the car seat. Press hard on the car seat with a paper seat to lift the urine from the surface. Do it again soon and again until the paper towel comes away clean.
Step 2: Make a solution
Take a bowl and mix a tablespoon of white vinegar and a tablespoon of dish soap with 2 cups of water.
Step 3: Apply the solution
Put on your gloves because white vinegar can dry your hands. Dip the cloth into the solution, then wring it out. Wipe the seat with a damp cloth and clean all the stains by gently pressing.
Step 4: Dry car seats
Use a paper towel to dry out the seats. Press the paper towel hard to remove the moisture. When the towel comes out, dry the car seats. Open the door and windows of the cars to increase the speed of drying.
Step 5: Residual odor
Sprinkle some baking soda over the car seats. Allow it to work for at least an hour or more. After that, vacuum up the baking soda.
- Precaution: Take some of the following precautions to keep your car seats clean.
- Upholstery: A leather cleaner is a better choice than a home cleaner. You can use leather cleaner in the above process.
- Leather seats: Never forget the patch test before applying your solution to the entire surface. To reduce the chance of stripping, use a leather cleaner. To get the dirt and urine out of seats, use the soft-bristled brush.
- Persistent odors: Cat’s urine usually has persistent odors. In this case, you can use enzymatic cleaners.
The urine smell is very irritating to everyone, and if you don’t remove the urine soon, it will soak into the car seat, which will be difficult to handle and leave bad stains. If you want to avoid these types of problems, always put a rubber mat down.