If you’ve got a pair of leather pants and are worried about what to wear with it, we’ve got the perfect ideas for you. There is nothing stopping you from flaunting that leather skirt or pants. In fact, there are plenty of ways in which you can rock it without looking old-school. Here’s how you can do that when you’re over 40 and want to flaunt your leather pants or skirts without feeling like a throwback. In this article, we will tell you how to wear leather pants/skirts as an 40+ year old woman so that they look flattering on you instead of making you look older. So keep reading to know more:
What To Wear With A Leather Skirt Or Pants?
While wearing a leather jacket is the most common way to style a leather jacket, you can also try to wear a number of other attires with your leather pants or skirt. Here are a few examples of what you can pair with your leather pants or skirt. – Suits – This is a classic option that every woman should have in her closet. While you can pair your leather pants with a blazer as well, a suit gives a chic and polished look that won’t go out of style. – Skirts – Skirts are another great way to style your leather pants since the majority of them are long. – Tunics – Similar to the blazer, you can wear a tunic over a pair of leather pants for a stylish and casual look. – Jeans – If you want to sport a casual look but are worried about the “too formal” look, then you can pair your leather pants with a pair of jeans. – Dresses – While leather pants are more casual in nature, you can pair them with a dress for a “dressy casual” or “business casual” look.
How To Rock A Leather Skirt Or Pants When You’re Over 40
The trick when wearing a leather skirt or pants is to be careful about how you style it. Though you can go for a vintage or classic look, the key is to avoid looking too old-fashioned. Here are a few styling tips to avoid rocking the vintage look when you’re over 40 and want to wear a leather skirt or pants.
– Wear A Skirt: If you’re not comfortable wearing pants, then go for a skirt. You can try to wear a black pencil skirt or a midi skirt.
– Choose A Long Skirt: If you want to wear a long skirt, then go for a long pencil skirt or midi skirt. You can also choose a skirt with a train.
– Wear A Simple Top: Avoid wearing an overly embellished top with your leather pants or skirt. Instead, go for a simple top like a plain shirt, a t-shirt, or a blouse.
– Avoid Short Hair: While wearing a leather skirt or pants with a short haircut is okay, avoid doing so with long hair.
– Accessorize Wisely: When you’re wearing leather pants or skirt, avoid going overboard with the accessories. Instead, choose a few accessories that will go well with your outfit. Combining a few of these tricks will help you wear a leather skirt or pants without looking like you have stepped out of the 90’s!
– Stay Away From High-Waist: While high-waist pants/skirts are back in fashion, avoid them if you’re over 40. Instead, go for a low-waist or mid-waist skirt/pants.
– Avoid Overdoing The Leather: While leather is a classic material and is generally flattering, overdoing it with leather pants/skirt will make you look tacky. Avoid wearing too many leather pieces at once.
How To Wear A Long Train Leather Skirt
A long train skirt is perfect for a formal event or a wedding. The length of the skirt is what makes it formal, but there are other details to keep in mind. For example, a long train will drag on the ground, so you will want to make sure it is clean. Mark Greene, Cloom Tech “Choose a skirt that has a train that is slit, ruffled, or pleated so that it won’t drag on the ground when you are walking. A long skirt is best with a shorter top, like a cropped cardigan or cropped jacket. You can wear a long train skirt with a t-shirt or blouse, but make sure it is longer in length so that it doesn’t show above the skirt.”
Tips For Wearing A Leather Skirt Or Pant When Over 40
While leather can be very stylish and a great way to add a luxe look to your wardrobe, you should be aware that it is a material that requires special care. This can be a bit of a challenge if you have sensitive skin or have concerns about allergies.
Thankfully, there are a few tips that can help you maintain your leather garments, ensuring that they last for years to come and keep you looking stylish and feeling comfortable.
Ian Broderick, LLCGuyz “One of the most important things you can do when it comes to caring for your leather garments is to avoid the dryer at all costs. The heat will break down the fibers and make your clothes less supple. Instead, hang your leather garments to dry to avoid wrinkles and prevent shrinking.”
If you’re wondering how to wear leather pants or a skirt when you’re over 40, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve given you a detailed breakdown of what to wear with a leather skirt or pants, how to rock a leather skirt or pants when you’re over 40, how to wear a long train leather skirt when you’re over 40, and tips for wearing a leather skirt or pants when you’re over 40. Wearing a leather skirt or pants doesn’t have to be a daunting task when you know how to wear it and which accessories to pair it with. Now go out there and rock that leather skirt or pants!