The material of cleats has a great role in the field of play. Bad quality cleats can hurt your feet, which may destroy your attention. In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of leather and synthetic soccer cleats. There is a major difference between leather and synthetic cleats that will discuss here.
After reading this article, you may be able to pick the best cleats for you.
Table of Contents
1. Leather Cleats
Most leather cleats are made from kangaroo leather. Many popular brands use Kangaroo leather in cleats. Kangaroo leather is expensive but has high-quality leather.
- Leather cleats are very lightweight, soft, and comfortable, and are the best choice for playing soccer. Leather soccer has many advantages, such as it offers the best feel and fit for soccer cleats. Full-grain leather is stronger and more durable than normal leather. Unfortunately, they are not suitable for wet fields because they may absorb water easily.
There is a variety of leathers for cleats, such as:
- resistant to water
- less expensive.
- It retains a little softness and stretchiness.
- Tough and durable.
- less expensive
The pros of leather cleats
- If you care properly for your leather cleats, they will long last for several years.
- Comfortable for wider feet because it may soften over time.
- It gives more protection than synthetics because it has more thickness than synthetic soccer.
The disadvantages of leather cleats include
- It absorbs water, so it is not suitable for wet conditions.
- Heavier than synthetic cleats.
- When your leather cleats dry, they will become hard and have a risk of cracking.
- Has a limited variety compared to synthetic soccer cleats.
- Requires maintenance for a longer lifespan.
2. Synthetic Cleats
Synthetic materials are cheaper than the original leather. Synthetic soccer is great for practicing soccer. Synthetic cleats are easy to clean. It resists water better than leather. This property makes it a good choice in wet conditions.
Pros of synthetic cleats
- Synthetic soccer cleats dry quickly.
- It absorbs less water than leather.
- They have less thickness than leather, therefore they are lighter than leather.
- Synthetic cleats hold their shape and do not stretch or need more treatments.
- It can be textured and molded for a variety of grips, optimal in every weather.
- It has a variety of designs and colors.
- For better touch on the ball, synthetic cleats can be molded to be incredibly thin.
- Bend easily and fit into tights.
The cons of synthetic cleats
- The durability of synthetic cleats is less than that of leather cleats.
- less stretchable than leather.
- Provide less protection than leather.
Premium synthetic is the combination of synthetic and leather. Premium synthetic offers water resistance. Premium synthetics are lightweight and cheaper than leather. Premium synthetics are environmentally friendly.
Are leather cleats better than synthetic?
Leather cleats are a better option for wider feet because of their custom fit. It provides maximum protection due to its thickness. last longer than synthetic cleats. Therefore, leather cleats are recommended rather than synthetic cleats.