Saffiano is a type of textured leather where a stamping method is used to get the required grain. To emboss a distinct crosshatch finish, tanners will use a custom-built Saffiano stamping machine. This leather is a style of pressed leather and is also made by pressing a pattern into the surface and then coating it with a protective finish. The main characteristic style is a cross-hatched pattern of diagonal and raised lines.
Table of Contents
Is Saffiano leather real or vegan?
Saffiano Leather is not vegan; it is real leather, and it was also used by Prada. But now designers apply a Saffiano finish to different materials, so it is difficult to judge whether Saffiano is made of vegan or real leather. When you make the purchase, carefully read the label to make sure the leather is vegan or not.
Production of Saffiano leather
Saffiano was originally made from full-grain calf leather, which is a good raw material for making many luxury products like handbags, wallets, etc.
Saffiano has a cross-hatch finish obtained by treating the leather with a specialized stamping machine. Leather is further finished with a wax treatment. In this way, this full-grain leather is highly scratch-resistant, exceptionally easy to keep clean, and durable as well.
How do you clean the Saffiano leather?
- Perform a patch test.
Whatever method you have selected, you should perform a patch test of the cleaning product. To do a test, just apply the product to a small area to check its results. Stop proceeding with your cleaning procedure if the product destroys the surface in any way.
- Remove light stains.
Use a soft cloth that is damp to remove the lighter stain and dust. If you face any difficulty removing the stain with a cloth, then you can use a soft, damp brush. Be careful when you are cleaning your Saffiano leather to prevent harm to the grain pattern of the leather.
- Remove serious stains.
If your leather has a more serious stain that cannot be removed with a damp cloth, remove the stain with a special stain remover that is designed for use on Saffiano leather.
- Take professional help.
If the stain cannot be removed at home with any method, then you need to get the help of a professional. Instead of wasting a product, seeking help may be beneficial to you.
For any of these methods, you should clean the Saffiano leather with the grain pattern
Care and maintenance
What to do:
- You should use a leather conditioner that is suitable for Saffiano leather to keep your leather soft and protected.
- If your Saffiano leather is waterproof, you still need to dry it completely after any water exposure. This can facilitate the care of your Saffiano leather for an extended period.
- Clean your Saffiano leather products with a soft cloth.
- No one wants to waste their money. A person who spends money on Saffiano leather must want to protect it for a long time. You can use Dermo Protect to prevent dye transfer. It is a water-based protectant spray that is used to protect finished and unfinished leather from ink, staining, sun damage, etc.
What not to do:
- Do not use harsh cleaners; this will also cause color fading. To prevent harm, perform a spot test before applying it to the entire surface.
- When cleaning, avoid rubbing anything too hard, as this will cause color fading and dye transfer onto the fabric. It will also harm the grain of the Saffiano leather.
- Allow your Saffiano leather to dry at room temperature. Dry it in an area of dry airflow and avoid any heat sources to prevent damage.
Storage of Saffiano leather
All these given guidelines may increase the life of the product to enjoy more with your product.
- Dust bag
Many premium items come with a dust bag, so if you are not using your bag, you should use it to prevent any accidental spills.
- Area of storage.
Be sure to store your Saffiano leather item in an area away from direct sunlight and radiators, which can change the colors of the leather or also damage its shape over time.
- Maintain its original shape.
To maintain its original shape for as long as possible, you should put some newspaper inside it when you store Saffiano leather handbags.
What are the advantages of Saffiano leather?
- Saffiano leather is famous in the fashion industry as it is distinct from other alternatives.
- Saffiano leather can be used for making many products, such as shoes, jackets, handbags, belts, and other accessories.
- The scratched look of Saffiano leather is appreciated by many stylists.
- Saffiano is coated with wax and which makes it extra durable and has a glossy shine. Along this line, wax-coated leather is easy to maintain and ideal for daily use.
- Saffiano leather is associated with premium brands.
- Due to its cross-hatching pattern, Saffiano leather is very durable and scratch-resistant.
- Its unique wax coating increases its water resistance.
- Saffiano leather is long-lasting and often used in designer bags.
- The wax coating makes it ideal for use on items that you would use daily like handbags, card holders, and wallets.
What are the disadvantages of Saffiano leather?
- The stamping process made it feel very rigid.
- Due to the wax coating, it will feel like plastic.
- Saffiano is created through the stamping process, and because of its pattern, it can be obtained from low-grade leather while still looking like high-grade leather.
- To avoid wasting money while purchasing, it is important to know whether the product is made from high-grade leather or low-grade leather.
Is Saffiano leather expensive or cheap?
Saffiano is expensive because it requires time-intensive operation. But most important, Saffiano leather products will be durable and have a higher-quality look and feel as compared to other common types of leather. Hence, this will increase its value of it at an additional cost.